Posting Date Sep 14, 2020
Job Number 20053187
Job Category Human Resources
Location The Westin City Centre Bahrain, City Center
Brand Westin Hotels & Resorts
Position Type Non-Management/Hourly
Start Your Journey With Us
At Westin, we are committed to empowering the well-being of our guests by providing a refreshing environment, thoughtful amenities, and revitalizing programming to help ensure that they leave feeling better than when they arrived. We recognize that travel can be disruptive to our guests’ well-being, and we’re energized to assist as partners in helping them maintain control and soaring above it all while on the road. Everything we do is designed to help guests be at their best, and they appreciate our supportive attitude, anticipatory service and extensive knowledge on how to best assist them throughout their stay. We are looking for dynamic people who are excited to join the team and ready to jump into any situation to give a helping hand. If you’re someone who has is positive, adaptable and intuitive, and has a genuine interest in the well-being of others around you, we invite you to discover how at Westin, together we can rise.
Reports to the Deputy Director of Human Resources. Responsible for staff dormitory operations, including ensuring the dormitory is in safe and clean and dormitory policies are followed by employees.
Education and Experience
High school diploma or GED; 1 years’ experience in human resources, management operations, or related professional area.
2-year degree from an accredited university in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related major; 1 year experience in human resources, management operations, or related professional area.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Managing Employee Housing Goals
Based on the Dormitory Enrollment Request, assign rooms to the staff on check -in day.
Checks in the staff with the Staff Dormitory Check In / Check Out Form and issues the linen and key to the staff
Upon staff check-out from the dormitory, completes clearance as per the Staff Dormitory Check In / Check Out Form and reports to Human Resources office for any further follow up.
Inspects the cleanliness status of the Dormitory Public Areas and the staff rooms on daily basis and corrects issues as needed.
Schedules regular dormitory cleanliness inspection.
Liaises with contractor for pest control on regular basis
Implements the Dormitory Rules and Regulations.
Report special disciplinary issues to Director of Human Resources and educates employees as needed.
Maintains room key copies per policy. .
Liaises with contractor to conduct regular checks on the fire equipments and room electrical facilities; keeps records per policy.
Works with hotel Loss Prevention Director to organize dormitory Fire Drill on regular basis.
Implement the Dormitory Visitor Policy.
Maintains knowledge of dormitory contract terms and reports/ follows up for any deviations to the contract.
Completes the dormitory staff duty roaster per required schedule and submits for approval.
Maintains records of dormitory issues (e.g., maintenance requests, special staff requests, check in and out details).
Updates rooming list on weekly basis and submits to Human Resources.
Assist Director of Human Resources with the Linen Purchase/ Replacement Plan per appropriate schedule.
Liaises with Laundry to change the linens on weekly basis.
Maintains the appropriate amount of store items (e.g., chemicals, garbage bags).
Maintains an inventory for all dormitory items owned by the location (e.g., bunk beds, wardrobe, linens, electrical utensils, chemicals).
Conducting Human Resource Activities
Solicits employee feedback, utilizing an “open door” policy.
Brings issues concerning employee satisfaction to the attention of the department manager and Human Resources.
Participates in employee progressive discipline procedures.
Provides information to co-workers, and subordinates by telephone, in written form, e-mail, or in person.
Analyzes information and evaluating results to choose the best solution and solve problems.
Informs and/or updates the executives, the peers and the subordinates on relevant information in a timely manner.
· Adaptability – Maintains performance level under pressure or when experiencing changes or challenges in the workplace.
· Communication – Conveys information and ideas to others in a convincing and engaging manner through a variety of methods.
· Problem Solving and Decision Making – Identifies and understands issues, problems, and opportunities; obtains and compares information from different sources to draw conclusions, develop and evaluate alternatives and solutions, solve problems, and choose a course of action.
· Professional Demeanor – Exhibits behavioral styles that convey confidence and command respect from others; makes a good first impression and represents the company in alignment with its values.
· Building and Contributing to Teams – Actively participates as a member of a team to move the team toward the completion of goals.
· Driving for Results – Sets high standards of performance for self and/or others; assumes responsibility for work objectives; initiates, focuses, and monitors the efforts of self and/or others toward the accomplishment goals; proactively takes action and goes beyond what is required.
· Planning and Organizing – Gathers information and resources required to set a plan of action for self and/or others; prioritizes and arranges work requirements to accomplish goals and ensure work is completed.
· Coworker Relationships – Interacts with others in a way that builds openness, trust, and confidence in the pursuit of organizational goals and lasting relationships.
· Customer Relationships – Develops and sustains relationships based on an understanding of customer needs and actions consistent with the company’s service standards.
· Global Mindset – Supports employees and business partners with diverse styles, abilities, motivations, and/or cultural perspectives; utilizes differences to drive innovation, engagement and enhance business results; and ensures employees are given the opportunity to contribute to their full potential.
Generating Talent and Organizational Capability
· Organizational Capability – Evaluates and adapts the structure of own assignments and suggests improvements to work processes to best fit the needs and/or support the goals of an organizational unit.
· Talent Management – Provides support and feedback to help individuals develop and strengthen skills and abilities needed to accomplish work objectives.
Learning and Applying Professional Expertise
· Applied Learning – Seeks and makes the most of learning opportunities to improve performance of self and/or others.
· Business Acumen – Understands and utilizes business information to manage everyday operations.
· Technical Acumen – Understands and utilizes professional skills and knowledge in a specific functional area to conduct.
o Personnel and Human Resources — Knowledge of principles and procedures for personnel recruitment, selection, training and development, compensation and benefits, labor relations and negotiation, and personnel information systems.
o Associate Relations – Knowledge of the broad range of relationships that could impact an employee, employer, or applicant. This includes knowledge of federal and state laws, company policies and practices, and ethical obligations to investigate, evaluate, and recommend an appropriate resolution to an employee or labor relations complaint.
· Basic Competencies – Fundamental competencies required for accomplishing basic work activities.
o Basic Computer Skills – Uses basic computer hardware and software (e.g., personal computers, word processing software, Internet browsers, etc.).
o Mathematical Reasoning – Demonstrates ability to add, subtract, multiply, or divide quickly, correctly, and in a way that allows one to solve work-related issues.
o Oral Comprehension – Demonstrates ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
o Reading Comprehension – Demonstrates understanding of written sentences and paragraphs in work-related documents.
o Writing – Communicates effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.