Job Number 20019506
Job Category Human Resources
Location The Westin City Centre Bahrain| City Center| Manama| Bahrain|
Brand Westin Hotels & Resorts
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
At Westin| we are committed to empowering the well-being of our guests by
providing a refreshing environment| thoughtful amenities| and revitalizing
programming to help ensure that they leave feeling better than when they
arrived. We recognize that travel can be disruptive to our guests’ well-being|
and we’re energized to assist as partners in helping them maintain control and
soaring above it all while on the road. Everything we do is designed to help
guests be at their best| and they appreciate our supportive attitude|
anticipatory service and extensive knowledge on how to best assist them
throughout their stay. We are looking for dynamic people who are excited to
join the team and ready to jump into any situation to give a helping hand. If
you’re someone who has is positive| adaptable and intuitive| and has a genuine
interest in the well-being of others around you| we invite you to discover how
at Westin| together we can rise.
Helps drive company values and philosophy and ensures all training and
development activities are strategically linked to the organization’s mission
and vision. Works with property leadership team to identify and address
employee and organizational development needs. The position is responsible for
ensuring effective training is in place to enable the achievement of desired
business results. Training programs focus on a variety of topics| including
product knowledge| company philosophy| and customer service and leadership
skills. Conducts needs assessments| designs and develops training programs and
facilitates the delivery of both custom and corporate training programs.
Measures the effectiveness of training to ensure a return on investment.
Education and Experience
• 2-year degree from an accredited university in Human Resources| Hotel and
Restaurant Management| Hospitality| Business Administration| or related major;
2 years experience in the human resources or related professional area;
• 4-year bachelor|s degree in Human Resources| Hotel and Restaurant
Management| Hospitality| Business Administration| or related major; certified
trainer; no work experience required.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Administering Employee Training Programs
• Promotes and informs employees about all training programs.
• Displays leadership in guest hospitality| exemplifies excellent customer
service and creates a positive atmosphere for guest relations.
• Helps employees identify specific behaviors that will contribute to service
• Ensures employees receive on-going training to understand guest
• Uses effective training methods to ensure employees have a good
understanding of guest satisfaction and can demonstrate guest satisfaction
• Meets with training cadre on a regular basis to support training efforts.
• Observes service behaviors of employees and provides feedback to individuals
Evaluating Training Programs Effectiveness
• Monitors enrollment and attendance at training classes.
• Meets regularly with participants to assess progress and address concerns.
• Partners with operational leaders to assess if employees demonstrate
effective technical and leadership skills.
• Reviews comment cards| guest satisfaction results and other data to identify
areas of improvement.
• Measures transfer of learning from training courses to the operation.
• Ensures adult learning principles are incorporated into training programs.
Developing Training Program Plans and Budgets
• Ensures all training and development activities (department specific and
general property training) are strategically linked to the organization’s
mission and vision.
• Identifies performance gaps and works with managers to develop and implement
appropriate training to improve performance.
• Makes any necessary adjustments to training methodology and/or re-trains as
• Aligns current training and development programs to effectively impact key
• Establishes guidelines so employees understand expectations and parameters.
• Develops specific training to improve service performance.
• Drives brand values and philosophy in all training and development
• Incorporates guest satisfaction as a component of departmental meetings with
a focus on continuous improvement.
Managing Training Budgets
• Participates in the development of the Training budget as required.
• Manages budget in alignment with Human Resources and property financial
• Manages department controllable expenses to achieve or exceed budgeted
• Utilizes P-card if appropriate to control and monitor departmental