Job Number 19098638
Job Category Golf| Fitness| and Entertainment
Location The Ritz-Carlton| Bahrain| Building 112| Road 40| Manama|
Brand The Ritz-Carlton
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
At more than 80 award-winning properties worldwide| The Ritz-Carlton Ladies
and Gentlemen create experiences so exceptional that long after a guest stays
with us| the experience stays with them. As the premier worldwide provider of
luxury experiences| we set the standard for rare and special luxury service
the world over. We invite you to explore The Ritz-Carlton.
Supports all aspects of the activities and recreation functions. Provides and
models service behavior to guests and employees. Reinforces appropriate
culture to provide service to guests. Strives to continually improve guest and
employee satisfaction and maximize the financial performance in areas of
responsibility. Position works with direct reports to implement departmental
strategies and ensures implementation of the brand service strategy and brand
initiatives while meeting financial goals.
Education and Experience
• High school diploma or GED; 2 years experience in the recreation/health club
operations or related professional area.
• 2-year degree from an accredited university in Health Education| Physical
Education| Hotel and Restaurant Management| or related major; no work
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Managing Recreation Operations
• Supervises and manages employees. Manages all day-to-day operations.
Understands employee positions well enough to perform duties in employees|
• Monitors quality| standards and meets the expectations of the customers on a
• Demonstrates knowledge of job-relevant issues| products| systems| and
• Utilizes interpersonal and communication skills to lead| influence| and
encourage others; advocates sound financial/business decision making;
demonstrates honesty/integrity; leads by example.
• Schedules events| programs| and activities| as well as the work of others.
• Develops specific goals and plans to prioritize| organize| and accomplish
• Manages outside vendors related to recreation and activities functions.
• Orders and manages necessary supplies. Ensures workers have supplies|
equipment| tools| and uniforms necessary to do their jobs.
• Develops and manages the children|s program (e.g.| coordinates activities|
purchases equipment and supplies etc.).
• Develops and manages group activities and events for all ages of owner and
• Manages pool and beach areas (as applicable)| including overall maintenance|
daily upkeep and cleanliness| and the operation of cabana units.
• Drives and manages financial performance of the recreation department|
activities| contracted vendors to ensure optimal revenue for the resort.
• Communicates theming directions| projects| and timelines to property and
corporate leaders as appropriate.
• Strategizes and partners with other department heads monthly and quarterly
to assist in the delivery and execution of events /activities planning to
enhance the Owner/Guest experience.
Providing and Ensuring Exceptional Customer Service
• Serves as a role model to demonstrate appropriate behaviors.
• Provides services that are above and beyond for Owner/Guest satisfaction and
• Improves service by communicating and assisting individuals to understand
guest needs| providing guidance| feedback| and individual coaching when
Conducting Human Resources Activities
• Oversees employee satisfaction and guest satisfaction results| and ensures
corrective action is taken when needed.
• Identifies the developmental needs of others and coaches| mentors| or
otherwise helps others to improve their knowledge or skills.
• Participates in the performance appraisal system process| giving feedback
• Coordinates all training activities for employees in department.
• Encourages and builds mutual trust| respect| and cooperation among team
• Communicates expectations and performance objectives to subordinates;
subordinates are also open to raise questions and/or concerns.
• Reviews turnover reports monthly and adjust talent acquisition strategies
_The Ritz-Carlton is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a
diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. The Ritz-Carlton does
not discriminate on the basis of disability| veteran status or any other basis
protected under federal| state or local laws._