Job Number 19081909
Job Category Sales and Marketing
Location Le Meridien City Centre Bahrain| Bahrain City Centre| Manama|
Brand Le Meridien
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
At Le Meridien| we believe in helping guests unlock the unexpected and
engaging experiences each destination has to offer. Our guests are curious and
creative| cosmopolitan| culture seekers that appreciate sophisticated|
timeless service. We provide original| chic and memorable service and
experiences that inspire guests to unlock the destination. We’re looking for
curious| creative and well-informed people to join our team. If you appreciate
connecting with like-minded guests and have a deep desire to create unexpected
experiences| we invite you to explore career opportunities with Le Meridien.
Functions as the leader of the property’s group sales effort for properties
with a Director of Hotel Sales. Manages the property|s reactive and proactive
group sales efforts. Shares responsibility for achieving group revenue goals|
guest and associate satisfaction. Implements the brand’s service strategy and
applicable brand initiatives in all aspects of the sales process. Provides
day-to-day leadership oversight to the on-property group sales associates with
a focus on building long-term| value-based customer relationships that enable
achievement of the property’s sales objectives. Maintains ultimate
accountability for verifying that the team maximizes group revenue
opportunities by up-selling and accurately forecasting revenues (e.g.|
catering and group rooms) for all events.
Education and Experience
• 2-year degree from an accredited university in Business Administration|
Marketing| Hotel and Restaurant Management| or related major; 4 years
experience in the sales and marketing or related professional area.
• 4-year bachelor|s degree in Business Administration| Marketing| Hotel and
Restaurant Management| or related major; 2 years experience in the sales and
marketing or related professional area.
• 4 year college degree.
• Demonstrated skills in supervising a team.
• Group sales experience.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Managing Sales Activities
• Functions as the leader of the property’s group sales effort in support of
the Director of Hotel Sales.
• Solicits| books and develops local group business.
• Recommends booking goals for sales team members.
• Develops and manages group sales revenue and operation budgets| and provides
• Works with management team to create and implement a group sales/marketing
plan addressing revenue| customers and market.
• Assists with selling| implementation and follow-through of group sales
• Executes and supports Marriott’s Customer Service Standards and hotel’s
• Executes and supports the operational aspects of business booked (e.g.|
generating proposal| writing contract| customer correspondence).
• Participates in and practices daily service basics of the brand (e.g.||
Marriott Hotels and Resorts (MHR) Spirit to Serve Daily Basics| Renaissance
Hotels and Resorts (RHR) Savvy Service Basics| Courtyard| SpringHill Suites|
Fairfield Inn Basics of the Day| Residence Inn Daily Huddle| or TownePlace
Suites Morning Meeting).
• Coordinates and deploys group sales resources on-property to monitor the
pull-through and sustainment of sales strategies and selling solutions.
• Verifies that the property implements a seamless turnover from sales to
operations and back to sales while consistently delivering high level of
• Manages the property|s reactive and proactive group sales efforts.
• Monitors the effective resolution of guest issues that arise as a result of
the sales process by creating mechanisms to channel issues to property
leadership and/or other appropriate stakeholders.
• Maintains successful performance by increasing revenues| controlling
expenses and providing a return on investment for the owner and Marriott
• Implements the brand’s service strategy and applicable brand initiatives in
all aspects of the sales process.
• Maintains ultimate accountability for verifying that the team maximizes
group revenue opportunities by up-selling and accurately forecasting revenues
(e.g.| catering and group rooms) for all events.
• Performs other duties| as assigned| to meet business needs.
Building Successful Relationships
• Works collaboratively with off-property sales channels (e.g.| Group Sales
with the Sales Office| Area Sales| Global Sales Organization (GSO)| etc.) to
verify the property needs are being achieved and the sales efforts are
complementary| not duplicative.
• Interacts effectively with guests/clients| sales and kitchen| vendors|
competitors| local community| catering associations and other hotel
departments in order to |maintain guest satisfaction.
• Executes exemplary customer service to drive customer satisfaction and
loyalty by assisting the customer and monitoring their satisfaction before and
during their program/event.
• Serves the customer by understanding their needs and recommending the
appropriate features and services that best meet their needs and exceed their
expectations| while building a relationship and loyalty to Marriott.
• Gains understanding of the hotel’s primary target customer and service
expectations; serves the customer by understanding their business| business
issues and concerns| to offer better business solution both prior to| and
during the program/event.
• Develops a close working relationship with operations to execute strategies
at the hotel level.
• Manages and directs the on-property group sales effort to achieve hotel
revenue goals by proactively targeting current and new high value accounts in
the market and implementing effective sales deployment strategies to grow
• Works with the Director of Sales and Marketing to establish understanding of
sales strategy and effective implementation of this strategy for the hotel.
• Partners with Human Resources to attract| develop and retain the right
people in order to support the strategic priorities of the market.
• Creates effective structures| processes| jobs and performance management
systems are in place.
• Sets goals and expectations for direct reports using the Leadership
Performance Process (LPP)| align performance and rewards| addresses
performance issues and holds staff accountable for successful results.
• Forecasts talent needs and manages talent acquisition strategy with Human
Resources (HR) to minimize lost time due to turnover.
• Keeps an active list of the competition’s best sales people and executes a
recruitment and acquisition plan with HR.
• Supports tools and training resources to educate sales associates on winning
• Champions leadership development and workforce planning priorities by
assessing| selecting| retaining and developing diverse| high-caliber talent
that can lead the organization today and strengthen the leadership bench for
the future; continues to upgrade the sales & marketing talent; works with HR
to anticipate future talent needs based on business growth plans.
• Identifies| trains and mentors group sales associates; utilizes all
available on the job training tools for associates.
• Transfers functional knowledge and develops group sales skills of other
• Shares responsibility for achieving group revenue goals| guest and associate
• Provides day-to-day leadership oversight to the on-property group sales
associates with a focus on building long-term| value-based customer
relationships that enable achievement of the property’s sales objectives.