Job Number 19100283
Job Category Sales and Marketing
Location The Ritz-Carlton| Bahrain| Building 112| Road 40| Manama|
Brand The Ritz-Carlton
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
At more than 80 award-winning properties worldwide| The Ritz-Carlton Ladies
and Gentlemen create experiences so exceptional that long after a guest stays
with us| the experience stays with them. As the premier worldwide provider of
luxury experiences| we set the standard for rare and special luxury service
the world over. We invite you to explore The Ritz-Carlton.
Responsible for proactively soliciting and managing large group/catering
related opportunities with significant revenue potential. Manages
group/catering opportunities not handled by an Event Booking Center (EBC).
Actively up-sells each business opportunity to maximize revenue opportunity.
Achieves personal and team related revenue goals. Ensures business is turned
over properly and in a timely fashion for proper service delivery. Responsible
for driving customer/guest loyalty by delivering service excellence throughout
each customer/guest experience. Provides service to customers in order to grow
the account on behalf of the company.
Education and Experience
• High school diploma or GED; 2 years experience in the sales and
marketing| guest services| front desk| or related professional area.
• 2-year degree from an accredited university in Business Administration|
Marketing| Hotel and Restaurant Management| or related major; no work
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Understanding Market Opportunities & Driving Revenue
• Targets group/catering accounts| markets| or segments with heavy emphasis on
proactive solicitation and account saturation.
• Partners with group/catering counterpart to effectively manage the business
• Responds to incoming group/catering opportunities for the property that are
outside parameters of the .
• Handles all opportunities if property does not participate in an EBC.
• Identifies| qualifies and solicits new group/catering business to achieve
personal and each property’s revenue goals.
• Focuses efforts on group/catering accounts with significant potential sales
• Develops effective group/catering sales plans and actions.
• Designs| develops and sells creative catered events.
• Maximizes revenue by upselling packages and creative food and beverage.
• Understands the overall market – competitors’ strengths and weaknesses|
economic trends| supply and demand etc. and knows how to sell against them.
• Closes the best opportunities for each property based on market conditions
and individual property needs.
• Uses negotiating skills and creative selling abilities to close on business
and negotiate contracts.
Providing Exceptional Customer Service
• Handles complex business with significant revenue potential as well as
significant customer expectations.
• Builds and strengthens relationships with existing and new customers to
enable future bookings. Activities include sales calls| entertainment| FAM
trips| trade shows| etc.
• Develops relationships within community to strengthen and expand customer
base for group/catering sales opportunities.
• Supports brand’s Service and Relationship Strategy| driving customer loyalty
by delivering service excellence throughout each customer experience.
• Provides excellent customer service in order to grow share of the account.
• Executes brand’s Customer Service Standards and property’s Brand Standards.
• Executes and supports the business Customer Service Standards and property’s
• Participates in and practices daily service basics of the brand.
• Executes exemplary customer service to drive customer satisfaction and
loyalty by assisting the customer and ensuring their satisfaction before and
during their program/event.
• Serves the customer by understanding their needs and recommending the
appropriate features and services that best meet their needs and exceed their
expectations| while building a relationship and loyalty to the property and
• Gains understanding of the property’s primary target customer and service
expectations; serves the customer by understanding their business| business
issues and concerns| to offer better business solution both prior to| and
during the program/event.
Building Successful Relationships
• Works collaboratively with off-property sales channels (e.g.| | Market
Sales| Strategic Accounts) to ensure sales efforts are coordinated|
complementary and not duplicative.
• Manages and develops relationships with key internal and external
• Uses sales resources and administrative/support staff.
• Utilizes intranet for resources and information.
• Conducts site inspections.
• Creates contracts as required.
• Executes and supports the operational aspects of business booked (e.g.|
generating proposal| writing contract| customer correspondence).
_The Ritz-Carlton is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a
diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. The Ritz-Carlton does
not discriminate on the basis of disability| veteran status or any other basis
protected under federal| state or local laws._