Job Number 20012034
Job Category Spa
Location The Westin City Centre Bahrain| City Center| Manama| Bahrain|
Brand Westin Hotels & Resorts
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
At Westin| we are committed to empowering the well-being of our guests by
providing a refreshing environment| thoughtful amenities| and revitalizing
programming to help ensure that they leave feeling better than when they
arrived. We recognize that travel can be disruptive to our guests’ well-being|
and we’re energized to assist as partners in helping them maintain control and
soaring above it all while on the road. Everything we do is designed to help
guests be at their best| and they appreciate our supportive attitude|
anticipatory service and extensive knowledge on how to best assist them
throughout their stay. We are looking for dynamic people who are excited to
join the team and ready to jump into any situation to give a helping hand. If
you’re someone who has is positive| adaptable and intuitive| and has a genuine
interest in the well-being of others around you| we invite you to discover how
at Westin| together we can rise.
Position has responsibility for supervising and coordinating activities of
employees delivering spa services| including salon| skin care| program
coordination| reservations| reception desk| massage and locker room areas.
Position focuses on ensuring guest and employee satisfaction and achieving the
Education and Experience
• High school diploma or GED; 2 years experience in the spa| guest services|
or related professional area.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Supporting Management of Spa Operations and Budgets
• Assumes the responsibilities of the Spa Director in his/her absence.
• Ensures all employees have the proper supplies| equipment and uniforms.
• Comprehends budgets| operating statements and payroll progress reports as
needed to assist in the financial management of department.
• Manages supplies and equipment inventories within budget.
• Maintains cleanliness of spa and related areas and equipment.
• Understands the impact of department’s operations on the overall property
financial goals and objectives and managing to achieve or exceed budgeted
Ensuring and Delivering Exceptional Customer Service
• Sets a positive example for guest relations.
• Interacts with guests to obtain feedback on product quality and service
• Handles guest problems and complaints.
• Empowers employees to provide excellent customer service.
• Emphasizes guest satisfaction during all departmental meetings and focusing
on continuous improvement.
• Strives to improve service performance.
Conducting Human Resources Activities
• Solicits employee feedback| utilizing an “open door” policy and reviewing
employee satisfaction results to identify and address employee problems or
• Ensures employees understand expectations and parameters.
• Brings issues to the attention of the department manager and Human Resources
• Observes service behaviors of employees and providing feedback to
• Participates in employee progressive discipline procedures.
• Participates in an on-going employee recognition program.
• Reviews comment cards and guest satisfaction results with employees.
• Supports a Spa orientation program for employees to receive the appropriate
new hire training to successfully perform their job.
• Supervises on-going training initiatives and conducting training when
• Establishes and maintains open| collaborative relationships with employees
and ensuring employees do the same within the team.
• Celebrates successes and publicly recognizes the contributions of team
• Ensures property policies are administered fairly and consistently|
disciplinary procedures and documentation are completed according to Standard
and Local Operating Procedures (SOPs and LSOPs) and support the Peer Review
• Assists the Spa Director in managing the day-to-day operations of the spa as