Job Number 20019810
Job Category Event Management
Location The Ritz-Carlton| Bahrain| Building 112| Road 40| Manama|
Brand The Ritz-Carlton
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
At more than 80 award-winning properties worldwide| The Ritz-Carlton Ladies
and Gentlemen create experiences so exceptional that long after a guest stays
with us| the experience stays with them. As the premier worldwide provider of
luxury experiences| we set the standard for rare and special luxury service
the world over. We invite you to explore The Ritz-Carlton.
Directs and motivates team while personally assisting in the physical set up
of the function rooms (e.g.| tables| chairs| dance floors| podiums| etc.) and
executing events based on requirements and standards. Develops and directs
team to provide consistent| high quality service. Communicates expected
performance and trains staff in processes. Monitors and controls financial and
administrative responsibilities including asset protection.
Education and Experience
• High school diploma or GED; 2 years experience in the event management or
related professional area.
• 2-year degree from an accredited university in Hotel and Restaurant
Management| Hospitality| Business Administration| or related major; no work
JOB SPECIFIC TASKS
Participating in and Leading Catering Teams
• Demonstrates self confidence| energy and enthusiasm.
• Understands how to manage in a culturally diverse work environment.
• Uses problem solving methodology for decision making and follow up.
• Demonstrates personal integrity| manages time well| and is highly visible in
areas of responsibility.
• Builds a positive work environment by demonstrating self confidence| energy
Supporting the Management of Catering Operations
• Interacts with other catering employees| customers and guests| vendors and
• Demonstrates knowledge of all departments within the property.
• Communicates group needs to various departments within the property.
• Prompts handling of all inquiries within market and parameters.
• Creates written and verbal presentations effectively.
Ensuring Exceptional Customer Service
• Communicates all details of catering events to operating departments and
• Manages the quality process in areas of customer service and employee
Supporting and Coordinating with the Sales and Marketing Function
• Qualifies business and tracks leads.
• Solicits and books meetings| conferences and catered corporate and social
• Finalizes and upsells catering arrangements for group/convention business.
• Negotiates and markets to drive sales and create profits.
• Identifies customer needs and all sales opportunities which ensure
successful catering events.
Conducting Human Resources Activities
• Provides constructive coaching and counseling to employees.
• Supports the development| training| and mentoring of employees.
• Demonstrates knowledge of how and when to impose deadlines and delegate
• Motivates and provides a work environment in which employees are productive.
• Listens and responds to employee|s needs.
• Manages group or interpersonal conflict situations effectively.
• Develops and manages hourly employees.
• Adheres to EEO and AA policies.
_The Ritz-Carlton is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a
diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. The Ritz-Carlton does
not discriminate on the basis of disability| veteran status or any other basis
protected under federal| state or local laws._