Job Number 20020753
Job Category Golf| Fitness| and Entertainment
Location The Ritz-Carlton| Bahrain| Building 112| Road 40| Manama|
Brand The Ritz-Carlton
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
At more than 80 award-winning properties worldwide| The Ritz-Carlton Ladies
and Gentlemen create experiences so exceptional that long after a guest stays
with us| the experience stays with them. As the premier worldwide provider of
luxury experiences| we set the standard for rare and special luxury service
the world over. We invite you to explore The Ritz-Carlton.
Supports the Director of Recreation in all aspects of the pool and beach
areas| including overall maintenance| daily upkeep| cleanliness and the
operation of cabana units. Provides and models service behavior to guests and
employees. Strives to continually improve guest and employee satisfaction and
maximize the financial performance in areas of responsibility. Position works
with direct reports to carry out departmental strategies.
Education and Experience
• High school diploma or GED; 1 year experience in the recreation/health club
operations or related professional area.
• 2-year degree from an accredited university in Health Education| Physical
Education| Hotel and Restaurant Management| or related major; no work
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Supporting Recreation Operations
• Supervises and manages employees. Supports day-to-day operations.
Understands employee positions well enough to perform duties in employees|
• Monitors quality| standards and meets the expectations of the customers on a
• Demonstrates knowledge of job-relevant issues| products| systems| and
• Schedules events| programs| and activities| as well as the work of others.
• Provides personal assistance| medical attention| emotional support| or other
personal care to others such as coworkers| customers| or patients.
• Develops specific goals and plans to prioritize| organize| and accomplish
• Supports the management of outside vendors including water sports and scuba.
• Orders and manages necessary supplies. Ensures workers have supplies|
equipment| tools| and uniforms necessary to do their jobs.
• Manages the children|s program (e.g.| coordinates activities| purchases
equipment and supplies etc.).
• Manages group activities including sand painting| bon fires| and team
• Manages pool and beach areas| including overall maintenance| daily upkeep
and cleanliness| and the operation of cabana units.
Providing and Ensuring Exceptional Customer Service
• Serves as a role model to demonstrate appropriate behaviors.
• Provides services that are above and beyond for customer satisfaction and
• Improves service by communicating and assisting individuals to understand
guest needs| provides guidance| feedback| and individual coaching when needed.
Conducting Human Resources Activities
• Identifies the developmental needs of others and coaches| mentors| or
otherwise helps others to improve their knowledge or skills.
• Participates in the performance appraisal system process| giving feedback
• Coordinates training activities for employees in department.
• Encourages and builds mutual trust| respect| and cooperation among team
• Communicates expectations and performance objectives to subordinates;
subordinates are also open to raise questions and/or concerns.
_The Ritz-Carlton is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a
diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. The Ritz-Carlton does
not discriminate on the basis of disability| veteran status or any other basis
protected under federal| state or local laws._